Bacon Brownies — done easy (and yummy)
- Pre-heat your oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 13”x9” baking pan. (8” and 9” square pans will also work just fine.)
- Fry at least 4 (I use between 8 & 12) slices of bacon for about 3 minutes per side. Not too much – just want to get it a little past raw. Raw is bad for taste as well as for your intestinal tract. Bacon is ready when just browning & crisping.
- When the bacon is ready, set it aside on a plate lined with paper towels to help drain some of the grease.
- Prepare boxed brownie mix according to the directions on the box — combining the brownie mix, vegetable oil, water and eggs. You will probably need two boxes of brownie mix.
- Pour half of the brownie batter into your prepared pan.
- Now add the bacon — as much or as little as you like but you’re making bacon brownies so go for much.
- Gently pour the remaining brownie batter over the bacon.
- Optional yummy toppings – caramel, chocolate chips, crumbled bacon.
- Bake according to direction on box for your pan size.
Allow to cool if at all possible. ENJOY!